Since I'm currently sitting with conditioner on under a plastic cap, I thought what better time to do a quick post about how long my wash process actually takes? I try to keep the entire process--from pre-poo to tying down with a scarf--under an hour and a half, but sometimes it can go a little longer. And that's not even including any extra styling.
Tonight I'm trying to keep it short:
- applied pre-poo on dry hair and let sit, about 10 minutes
- thoroughly rinsed, shampooed and massaged scalp, about 10 minutes
- towel dried, sectioned and applied conditioner, about 10 minutes--yes just for application
- let conditioner sit under plastic cap wrapped in a warm towel, about 20 minutes
~Since I'm on that step right now, here's what comes next~
- final rinse, detangle and apply ACV rinse, about 5 minutes
- apply leave-in conditioners, comb through, seal and tie down edges with satin scarf, about 30 minutes
Does that seem too long? How long is your wash process?