Welcome to Relaxed Redefined ~ a better, healthier way to care for chemically relaxed hair. This is a personal hair journal created to share easy, do-at-home tips and techniques that have made my hair stronger and longer. I hope you'll learn something here that will enhance your healthy hair journey or better yet insprire you to start one. Happy Hair Growting!

4.25.2011

I'm Not Going to Make It.


I really, really wanted to do a 16 week relaxer stretch this time, but I already know I'm not going to make it. 16 weeks from my last relaxer touch-up on March 9 is June 29, however I have a charity gala to attend on June 10, and there's no way I can go to a formal event with 13 weeks of new growth. This means I'll be changing my planned relaxer appointment date from June 29 to June 10, its only 3 weeks shorter, but it would have been nice to go all the way. In the mean time I'll be looking for a hairstyle to wear with my fancy dress (which I don't actually have yet, but I'm looking). Right now, at 6.5 weeks post, I think I'm finally seeing some positive response to my new spring regimen, which I will keep doing even though I'm not going for the full 16 week stretch. Hopefully the improvement will continue and I'll have plenty of new growth (and length retention) come June 10!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...