Welcome to Relaxed Redefined ~ a better, healthier way to care for chemically relaxed hair. This is a personal hair journal created to share easy, do-at-home tips and techniques that have made my hair stronger and longer. I hope you'll learn something here that will enhance your healthy hair journey or better yet insprire you to start one. Happy Hair Growting!

6.17.2011

Product Review: Jane Carter Solution Moisture Nourishing Shampoo

Aahhh shampoo, that basic staple of hair care, its hard to find a good one. And as a person who gave up "traditional" shampoo, meaning sulfates, some time ago, its rare to find one that I can rave about. But the truth is I love Jane Carter Solution Moisture Nourishing Shampoo, sulfates and all. I've probably had this shampoo for about a year, but have yet to use the entire bottle. When I first purchased JCS MNS I tried to use it as my staple cleanser, but for me it was too strong for routine use--I need something gentler on a twice-weekly basis, so it sat on my product shelf untouched for months. Then one day I needed to clarify my hair, my normal co-wash wasn't going to be enough for the product build-up in my hair at the time, so I decided to give JCS MNS another chance. And I'm so glad I did, this stuff is an amazing clarifyer, and it smells amazing too, it has a pretty floral scent. There are a only a few instances when I clarify my hair, after flat ironing when I need to remove the silicones from the heat protectant; when I'm preparing for a protein treatment so the treatment can really penetrate my hair and when I've been heavy on the product, but lazy on the co-washing and my hair is really weighed down. Each time I've used this JCS MNS to clarify, it leaves my hair clean, but never stripped with just one lather and after I rinse my hair always feels and smells so good.

For me this is an important lesson in knowing which product is good for a particular task, I love JCS MNS as a clarifyer, but it didn't work for me as a regular cleanser. Knowing my hair products is just as important as knowing my hair. And being able to give my hair exactly what it needs, when it needs it to keep it healthy and growing is what this journey is all about.

Jane Carter Solution Moisture Nourishing Shampoo Ingredients: Deionized Water, Certified Organic Aloe Vera, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Glucoside, Cocoamidopropyl Betaine, PolyQuaterium 7, Glycol Stearate, Glycerin, Wheat Protein, Wheat Amino Acids, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Panthenol, Caprylic Acid, Glycine, Potassium Sorbate,Citric Acid.

Available at Target and janecartersolution.com for around $8 for an 8 oz bottle, considering how long one bottle can last (if used as a clarifyer) its a great price.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...