Welcome to Relaxed Redefined ~ a better, healthier way to care for chemically relaxed hair. This is a personal hair journal created to share easy, do-at-home tips and techniques that have made my hair stronger and longer. I hope you'll learn something here that will enhance your healthy hair journey or better yet insprire you to start one. Happy Hair Growting!

6.22.2011

Relaxer Recap - 2nd Relaxer of 2011

I got a relaxer touch-up a little over a week ago and it went off without a hitch, since my scalp was miraculously healed by the Atlantic Ocean, there wasn't even a twinge of burning. Now that I know how much my Seborrheic Dermatitis was affecting my relaxer process I'm going to work extra hard to make sure my scalp is in tip-top shape before my next touch-up.

I did not get a trim during my original appointment because I was attending a formal event that evening and wanted my hair to remain curly after the roller set. But I did stop by to see my stylist yesterday and had her dust my ends, which is all it seems to need (yay!).

I had a lot of new growth for just 13 weeks post, but because of "The Hair Cut" and the trim, I'm still at least an inch away from APL. It only makes me a little sad to think of where my hair might have been after that stretch if I hadn't need "The Hair Cut" but I've made peace with it and since I'm aware of the mistakes I made before, I know I won't be making them again.

I don't know how long this next stretch will be, but I'm excited to be on pace for only 4 relaxers this year. I know I can make it a minimum of 12 weeks, but every time I set an extra long time frame at the outset (16 weeks : / ) I never make it, but I'm aiming for as long as possible as always. I don't have any major events coming up (that I'm aware of) that I'd want to relax for so I'm just going to see how it goes. Summer is such an easy time to stretch because I know I can co-wash as much as I want when my new growth starts to dry out as it tends to do toward the end. I'm also looking forward to doing another Henna treatment on my hair, hopefully in the next few weeks. But in the mean time I'm going to stick with my regimen of co-washing once per week and doing a deep condition wash once per week, usually co-wash Wednesday or Thursday and DC on the weekend. That routine seemed to work well during the last stretch, so if it ain't broke...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...