Welcome to Relaxed Redefined ~ a better, healthier way to care for chemically relaxed hair. This is a personal hair journal created to share easy, do-at-home tips and techniques that have made my hair stronger and longer. I hope you'll learn something here that will enhance your healthy hair journey or better yet insprire you to start one. Happy Hair Growting!

7.27.2011

How Long Is Your Wash Process?



Since I'm currently sitting with conditioner on under a plastic cap, I thought what better time to do a quick post about how long my wash process actually takes? I try to keep the entire process--from pre-poo to tying down with a scarf--under an hour and a half, but sometimes it can go a little longer. And that's not even including any extra styling.

Tonight I'm trying to keep it short:

  • applied pre-poo on dry hair and let sit, about 10 minutes
  • thoroughly rinsed, shampooed and massaged scalp, about 10 minutes
  • towel dried, sectioned and applied conditioner, about 10 minutes--yes just for application
  • let conditioner sit under plastic cap wrapped in a warm towel, about 20 minutes
    ~Since I'm on that step right now, here's what comes next~
  • final rinse, detangle and apply ACV rinse, about 5 minutes
  • apply leave-in conditioners, comb through, seal and tie down edges with satin scarf, about 30 minutes
That totals about 1 hour and 25 minutes and that's a pretty average wash night for me. When I wash in the shower, its much faster because I can't spend an hour and a half in the shower! But I haven't had the opportunity to wash in the shower for a while--I'm hoping to do that over the weekend.

Does that seem too long? How long is your wash process?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...