Welcome to Relaxed Redefined ~ a better, healthier way to care for chemically relaxed hair. This is a personal hair journal created to share easy, do-at-home tips and techniques that have made my hair stronger and longer. I hope you'll learn something here that will enhance your healthy hair journey or better yet insprire you to start one. Happy Hair Growting!

7.13.2011

Missing in Action--Back for a Minute!

I wish I could say I haven't been blogging recently because I've been chilling on the beach,
but the truth is I've just been busy with work : (
I've been missing in action for a while, I started a new position at work recently and I've been super busy. I need to make more time for blogging at home, but we'll see how that goes.

Since I have a free minute, I wanted to highlight some recent reader questions and give a quick update on my hair. My recent posts on Komaza Care have gotten a lot of attention, and with my continued use of their products I'd say that attention is well deserved.

Reader Shian Smith asked: Did you grow your hair using Komaza hair products? And if you did, did you have to go natural?

Answer: I just discovered Komaza Care earlier this year, I wish I'd known about them sooner because I'm really loving their products. So no, Komaza Care didn't contribute to my growth up to this point, but I they will be with me every step of the way going forward. :) No I did not go natural, my hair is still relaxed--see the next question for more on that topic. And thanks for reading!
Anonymous asked: Does Komaza Care work on relaxed hair?

Answer: YES! Though I stretch my relaxers, and have reduced processing time, my hair is still relaxed and the Komaza Care products I've tried work great on my hair. Thanks for stopping by!

As for my hair, things have been going well lately (knock on wood). I've been sticking with my regular regimen, DC wash 1x per week and co-wash 1x per week, but I've tried to incorporate pre-pooing more often. I love to use Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose conditioner as a pre-poo because it always leaves my hair super soft.  I've had some normal shedding, nothing out of the ordinary, but what I've noticed most is a decrease in breakage--and that means length retention! Yay! I've been using Komaza Care Shea Butter Hair lotion to moisturize daily (full product review coming soon) and it is great for moisture that really lasts and instant shine--its definitely a new favorite. I've been styling in buns and braid-outs, but I'm attending an event this weekend that I plan to roller-set for, I won't be flat-ironing again until my birthday, 3 1/2 weeks away. I think my hair is growing well because I'm barely 5 weeks post and I've been tying down my edges after a wash for the past 2 weeks. If I can get back to taking my vitamins who knows, what might happen? I still don't have a date for my next relaxer touch-up, I know this stretch will be at least 12 weeks, but I'd love to go longer if I can. I also would (still) love to get a henna treatment done before my b-day, but its time consuming and requires a lot pre-planning which I don't always remember do to. Over all I'm very happy with where my hair is this summer and I'm looking forward to keeping the progress moving.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...